OUR TEAM: Zeid Barakat
Zeid brings over eight years of experience in healthcare, driving cutting-edge initiatives in new product launch, ‘big data’ adoption, mergers & acquisitions, portfolio optimization and clinical operations enhancement.
Zeid has worked with clients in the bio-pharmaceutical, medical device, private equity and CRO space. He previously worked as a Director-level consultant with PRTM. A successful entrepreneur for high-tech companies, Zeid previously co-founded Flyberry Capital, a rapidly expanding hedge fund that deploys advances in big data to trade on news and surprise events, and served as an early co-founder of Aura Biosciences, a successful drug delivery company focusing on orphan indications.
Zeid received his MBA from the MIT Sloan School of Management, a MA in biotechnology from Harvard, and a BA in biochemistry from Bowdoin College. He enjoys playing tennis (former Davis Cup Team of Jordan) and painting.
- Led global market research and sales operations efforts for a select list of high-value, $1.5B+ target therapeutics. Developed detailed revenue forecasts through integrating a series of drivers, from epidemiological growth factors to erosion and competitive landscape. Oversaw the deployment of a novel physician referral database to optimize sales rep efficacy.
- Led a major operational transformation and cost-savings initiative for a top-3 CRO. Worked with CXO-level contacts and global teams to identify and implement 20-25% in cost saving initiatives via new IT solution implementations, process efficiencies, out-sourcing and vendor alliances. Co-led the deployment of a remote clinical trial monitoring solution, with $50M+ per year cost savings implications.
- Worked directly with CXOs and multiple project teams during $40B+ complex biopharma M&A transaction. Successfully integrated supply planning, IT systems and PD divisions.
- Served as Global Head of Program Management for a multi-billion dollar vaccine firm during Swine Flu pandemic. Coordinated resource management, product distribution and sales efforts. Budgeted $150M resources across all 30+ vaccine projects.
- Analyzed one of the world’s largest portfolios of combination drug/device products, working with key thought leaders to identify licensing or acquisition opportunities to enhance product pipeline.
- Developed a global training quality implementation plan for a $4B pharma-device firm that was issued an FDA warning letter. Authored responses, and designed a robust Global Training Quality System.
- Worked with the president of R&D at a ~$150B pharmaceutical company to develop metrics to assess innovation and portfolio strength. Metrics incorporated into corporate strategy targets.
- Prepared a biotech company for its first major product launch through the creation of a global marketing and sales distribution plan, and the selection and deployment of an effective CRM tool. Accurately modeled staff requirements for firm growth; multiple product launches followed.