OUR TEAM: Ramy Khalil
Ramy brings over twelve years of experience delivering client value through the strategic design, deployment, and realization of large scale transformational change. His clients include top biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and medical device companies globally. Ramy has led successful engagements in the areas of supply-chain management, technology transfer, quality remediation program management, post-merger restructuring and transition, and corporate-wide business process and system redesign.
Prior to founding Scimitar, Ramy began his consulting career as a consultant at PRTM. Before PRTM, Ramy helped launch several products with Medtronic Vascular through roles in research, development, and manufacturing management. As a fellow in MIT’s Leaders for Global Operations program, Ramy earned an MBA from the MIT Sloan School of Management along with Master and BS degrees in mechanical engineering.
- Quality Remediation: For a $40B+ biopharma company, Ramy led the quality remediation program of a plant responsible for producing > $6B revenue worth of active pharmaceutical ingredients and intermediates. The program successfully averted consent decree and protected the global quality reputation of the client while preventing patient level stockout of critical medicines. As a member of the site leadership team, Ramy partnered across all functions to manage a budget of 35M, more than 100 consultants, and site staff to achieve successful audits by several global health authorities. Most importantly, the program drove significant cultural changes and engrained a mindset of quality at the site to ensure lasting change.
- Network Portfolio Management: For a biologics manufacturing network, Ramy acted as the business lead on behalf of the client for the selection, configuration, and customization of a portfolio management IT solution. Ramy designed, installed, and realized the governance, processes, systems, and education to achieve improved portfolio visibility, decision making and management capability at the plant and corporate level.
- SAP Implementation and Class A: For the drug substance manufacturing network and corporate facilities services organization of a top-5 biopharma, Ramy acted as business lead for the integrated maintenance and production planning and scheduling modules of a global SAP system implementation. He worked across the entire vertical cross-section of the organization from technician to Sr. Director to map effective business processes requirements and metrics then translate those into system requirements, data, and automated reporting.
- Change Management Methodology: For the technical operations division a multibillion dollar biopharma company, Ramy partnered with third party consultancies, expert practitioners, and client thought leaders to develop a gold standard change management methodology, toolkit, and educational resources. Deliverables included a self-service website for change management resources, and classroom training materials for delivery by the client’s learning solutions and business process excellence organizations.
- Corporate Restructuring: Ramy supported the global head of operations of a global pharmaceutical company through three rounds of down-sizing, a spin-off, and a de-merger. Additionally Ramy provided transition program management to both the spin-off and de-merger companies to rapidly and fluidly achieve independent operations from the parent company.