OUR TEAM: Kofi Kumi
Kofi brings over seven years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, driving transformational initiatives focused on strategy growth and operational alignment. His projects with the top global biopharmaceutical companies have included R&D post-merger integrations, new product development, new business development, quality management, and clinical operations.
Before joining Scimitar, Kofi served as a Manager at PwC. Prior to PwC’s acquisition of PRTM, Kofi served as a Senior Associate at PRTM Management Consultants.
- Led a cross-functional international global quality documentation overhaul for a Top 5 pharmaceutical company. Project included managing client and staff resources across several countries, simplifying and reducing the amount of global procedural documentation by 80%, and organizing large 50 – 150 person cross-functional workshops with organizational leaders to develop new processes and procedures.
- Developed innovative proof-of-concept (POC) clinical model targeted to reduce clinical trial start-up cycle times by up to 75% for large pharmaceutical client. Also produced training module for pilot study teams and conducted training sessions to ensure pilot study teams were comfortable with the new clinical model.
- Designed and implemented Functional Service Provider (FSP) business for top 5 Contract Research Organization. Project included definition and implementation of organizational structure, cost structure, pricing strategy, and process modifications. Developed innovative worksheet which directly linked service offering to G&A, direct costs, and pricing allowing client to accurately assess business opportunities.
- Successfully developed risk evaluation and mitigation strategies (REMS) sourcing requirements and options to transition a REMS program for a top 3 biotechnology company. Project included a detailed analysis of transition timelines, benefits/risks, and financial impact.
- Defined system requirements and created user acceptance criteria for user acceptance testing for implementation large biopharmaceutical client new SAP learning management system (LMS). Project involved aligning system requirements with newly developed business processes and ensuring a smooth transition between old LMS and new SAP-based LMS.